Horse Racing News
Master trainer, John Oxx, will bide his time before deciding whether to run his highly progressive Little White Cloud at Royal Ascot, or head to the Curragh to try and land the Group 1 Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby.
Horse racing is all about opinions. When we choose to place free bets we are backing our own judgement against that of our dear bookmaking friends. The backers fancy a horse to win at a canter whilst the layers reckon.
Tue 14 May 2013 20:15:00 GMT
The Guinness Galway Handicap Hurdle on the west coast of Ireland on August 1 may still seem a long way away but Welsh jumps trainer, Evan Williams, is already planning a raid on the ultra-valuable.
Tue 16 April 2013 19:25:00 GMT
Although he is not currently entered in the Group 1 Investec Derby at Epsom on June 1, a win for the Andre Fabre-trained Intello may well pursuade connections that it would be worthwhile.
Wed 13 February 2013 19:34:00 GMT
The 2013 Cheltenham Festival is almost here and the excitement ahead of the meeting continues to build. With all the markets taking shape for all the feature races at the Festival.
Wed 13 February 2013 13:32:00 GMT
Anyone who saw Tom George's new recruit, Mail de Bievre, make a very promising British debut at Newbury recently when finishing fifth behind Silviniaco Conti in the Grade 2 Betfair Denman Chase.
Fri 11 January 2013 13:06:00 GMT
40 entries for the Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup were submitted today, with 3-1 favourite Bobs Worth leading the field for the March Festival highlight.
Mon 26 November 2012 21:50:00 GMT
Reigning champion hurdler, Rock On Ruby, currently a top-priced 10/3 shot, looks set to make his seasonal return at Newcastle on December 1 when.
Thu 25 October 2012 15:27:00 GMT
In terms of popularity, horse racing is second only to football as a spectator sport in the UK. The popularity of horse racing is due, in large part, to its.
Wed 03 October 2012 12:14:00 GMT
The countdown has begun ahead of superstar horse Frankel's last ever race later this month, with connections expecting a strong challenge from rivals desperate.
Thu 13 September 2012 15:38:00 GMT
Although he has to prove himself over a distance further than he has ever run before, all the signs are that the unbeaten Aidan O’Brien-trained Camelot is going to be very.
Read the latest Horse Racing news articles from sportingways.com
- Charlton taking his time with Top Offer
- Thu 10 May 2012 23:00:00 - Roger Charlton is refusing to be rushed into any rash decision over which direction to take with the Qipco 2000 Guineas flop, Top Offer, who ran a very disappointing race in..
- Caviar Remains Star Dish on Royal Ascot Menu
- Sat 05 May 2012 11:08:00 - Black Caviar, the darling of Australian racing, once again proved herself a class or two apart from the rest of the local opposition, when slamming a good field and strolling..
- Germans looking forward to Dandream repeat Arc bid
- Sun 22 April 2012 10:12:00 - Danedream, the outstanding German filly, who became the first horse to win the Prix de lArc de Triomphe for her nation since Star Appeal in 1975, will be trained this season..
- McCoy prompts Grand National winner Lee to switch to the Flat
- Fri 30 March 2012 14:47:00 - Most jockeys spend their life dieting to maintain their weight at a level that will allow them to ride enough to make a living, but in the case of Graham Lee, the jockey who..
- Henderson considering three-pronged Aintree assault
- Mon 19 March 2012 14:42:00 - With Nicky Henderson in stunning form having enjoyed a truly memorable Cheltenham Festival, all eyes will be on his three potential candidates for success in the forthcoming..
- Sprinter toys with Arkle Chase rivals
- Mon 19 March 2012 14:42:00 - Ante-post quotes for all sorts of races were flying around the Cheltenham winners' enclosure in the aftermath of a devastating performance from the mighty Sprinter Sacre in the..
- Mullins upbeat about Kim Muir fancy
- Mon 12 March 2012 21:58:00 - Just the six races to try and solve on Thursday at the Cheltenham Festival, and the last of those is the Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir handicap Chase for amateur riders at 4.40pm..
- De Bromhead expecting more of the same from Sizing Australia
- Thu 08 March 2012 10:12:00 - Irish trainer Henry de Bromhead is looking forward to saddling his talented staying chaser in the Glenfarclas Cross Country Handicap Chase, a race in which the 10-year-old..
- Kauto too old, pass the Port
- Thu 08 March 2012 10:12:00 - Long Run is undoubtedly the Nicky Henderson stable's number one hope for Gold Cup glory at this year's Cheltenham Festival after a hard fought win in the Betfair..
- Unaccompanied given tentative David Nicholson entry
- Thu 08 March 2012 10:12:00 - Dermot Weld's smart two-miler Unaccompanied is a surprise entry to the Grade 2 David Nicholson Mares Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival on March 13, in view of..
- Hurricane Fly set for Champion Hurdle domination
- Thu 08 March 2012 10:12:00 - Last season's Triumph Hurdle winner Zarkandar has thrown his hat into the ring by returning to action with a narrow victory in the Betfair Hurdle, but there..
- Europe could start odd-on for Champion Chase
- Mon 27 February 2012 12:59:00 - Such has been the tremendous form shown so far this term by last season's Queen Mother Champion Chase winner Sizing Europe that genuine opposition to the..
- Kauto gains strength following Long Run Newbury win
- Mon 27 February 2012 12:59:00 - Last seasons Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Long Run got off the mark at the third time of asking this term when landing the Grade 2 Betfair Denman Chase at Newburys..
- Simonsig sets Henderson a Cheltenham poser
- Mon 27 February 2012 12:59:00 - The tremendously impressive victory of his rapidly progressive Simonsig at Kelso on February 15 in the Morebattle Hurdle, has left Nicky Henderson with the nicest..
- Junior set for Kim Muir defence
- Tue 14 February 2012 11:40:00 - Defending Kim Muir Challenge Cup winner Junior is one of the prominent runners at the top end of the market for this year's running of the amateur rider's race..
- Fontaine an unlikely Grand National runner
- Tue 14 February 2012 11:40:00 - King Fontaine, a horse who looked as if he was really going places at the start of last season when jumping 22lbs in the rating with two tremendous wins in the first half..
- Champagne Fever leads Champion Bumper entries
- Tue 14 February 2012 11:40:00 - Following his impressive 13 length victory at Fairyhouse last time out, Champagne Fever has been made favourite for the Champion Bumper at the Cheltenham Festival in March..
- Mullins clocks fastest century
- Tue 07 January 2012 15:26:00 - Willie Mullins has become the fastest trainer to reach 100 winners in a season in Ireland. The 55-year old brought up the landmark on Wednesday when Soll won a beginners chase race at..
- Henderson tempted to unleash Sprinter Sacre
- Wed 25 January 2012 16:44:00 - Nicky Henderson has been discussing his future plans for Spinter Sacre, saying that he is tempted to enter him at Doncaster on Saturday..
- Dream aimed at Irish Hennessey return
- Wed 25 January 2012 16:44:00 - The race against time to have the smart chaser Jessies Dream ready in time for the four-day Cheltenham Festival that begins on March 13 gathered pace as trainer Gordon Elliott pencilled in a return..
- Workmanlike win for Mullins' Apt Approach
- Wed 25 January 2012 16:44:00 - The Willie Mullins-trained Apt Approach warmed up for a likely crack at the Ryanair Chase at the Cheltenham Festival in March with a gutsy success at Thurles, getting the better of last year's..
- World Cup entry for Ballydoyle's So You Think
- Wed 18 January 2012 10:25:00 - The Dubai World Cup has received a big boost with the news that the high-class middle distance performer So You Think has been given an entry into the world's richest race scheduled for the..
- Stars out to shine in Champion Hurdle
- Wed 18 January 2012 10:25:00 - Willie Mullins has all but ruled out the possibility of his smart performer Thousand Stars taking on the mighty Big Buck's over three miles in the Ladbrokes World Hurdle at the Cheltenham..
Money Back if your Horse Falls - Coral will pay you out a free bet up to £25 if your horse falls, unseats or is brought down this February. Click Here for Coral.